On Demand webinar: The management of diabetes in adults and children with psychiatric disorders in inpatient settings
In the third of our 2022 ABCD webinar series, please join Dr Hermione Price to discuss the management of diabetes in adults and children with psychiatric disorders in inpatient settings, in particular;
- To appreciate that nearly every category of ICD-10 Chapter F (mental disorders) is associated with diabetes and with worse outcomes and premature mortality and that, in addition, many people with diabetes suffer from diabetes related distress.
- To describe the increased risk of premature, potentially avoidable mortality in people with diabetes and mental disorder and consider strategies to mitigate this increased risk.
- To understand the clinical settings in which people with both diabetes and mental disorder may present and why their care is often suboptimal.
- To recognise that an acute admission in a window of opportunity to optimise the management of both diabetes and mental disorder and that this works best through collaborative working.
- To promote the need for equivalent levels of care for diabetes in people with and without mental illness in order to improve mental health and reduce the risk of diabetes complications.
- To consider the need for local audit, research and development of services to improve care for this group of vulnerable patients.
Q & A will follow this presentation
This webinar has been approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 1 category 1 (external) CPD credit. Certificates of attendance will be issued to those who attend the live webinar.
is meeting has been approved by the Federationthe Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 1 category 1 (external) credit (ref: