The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) invites its subscribing members and fellows to apply for the role of deputy registrar.
RCP subscribing members and fellows are invited to apply to be its new deputy registrar. The role will focus on strengthening the number and diversity of UK and international fellows through engagement with regional and international networks. You will have operational oversight of the RCP fellowship process and support the registrar in ongoing development in this key area of work.
Who they are looking for
- A consultant physician, or SAS doctor in autonomous practice, working clinically at time of appointment, including the supervision of doctors in training
- You will have a demonstrable ability to provide leadership and create consensus. You are a subscribing member or fellow of the RCP, in good standing (with your employer, GMC and RCP). We would particularly welcome applications from new consultants and SAS doctors, in either category of RCP membership
- You will be committed to the mission, vision and values of the RCP You are willing to work collaboratively across specialties and institutions
- You are able to delegate effectively, ensuring appropriate skills and experience are deployed from a team to deliver strategic objectives
- You are willing to build networks and relationships and are able to chair meetings You are willing to work in a multidisciplinary environment with clinical and non-clinical colleagues.
Application and deadline
The role is open to all subscribing members and RCP fellows in good standing, including SAS doctors. The deadline for applications is midnight 21 October 2023. Ideally shortlisted candidates will be available for interview week of 24 November 2023.
Application is via a short CV and cover letter detailing how you would meet the expectations of the role.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight Sunday 21 October. Interested candidates are welcome to have an informal conversation with the registrar, the executive director for MSGE and the current post holder. Please contact email@example.com