The Diabetes Technology Network UK (DTN-UK) are looking for three people with diabetes, who have personal experience of using wearable diabetes technologies (CGM/pump/closed-loop systems) to join the committee of DTN-UK, part of the Association of British Clinical Diabetologists (ABCD).
DTN-UK is an organisation which exists to support UK health care professionals involved in using technology designed to improve the lives of people living with diabetes.
DTN-UK are looking for people with a range of different experiences – for example expert users of diabetes technology, people who have experienced challenges in getting access to technology and people from groups where technology use is less common such as those with type 2 diabetes. This need for a variety of viewpoints will be taken into account when selecting the successful applicants. The positions are for a fixed term of two years.
- Should have diabetes, and at least 6 months experience of using wearable diabetes technology such as a CGM, insulin pump or closed-loop system
- A passion for improving access to technology for people with diabetes
- Ability to attend meetings – minimum twice a year. Likely to be both in person and virtual and last no more than 3 hours
- Ability to receive and comment on documents circulated electronically to committee, for example via email or shared google doc
- Experience of committee membership
- Previous experience of representing people with diabetes at local, regional or national level
- Experience of communicating to the media
This post is not remunerated, however Experience Representatives will be re-imbursed for reasonable travel expenses and for the time taken to attend meetings up to the amount of £70.00 per meeting
If this opportunity appeals to you, please apply by Thursday 20th April 2023
DTN-UK members have been emailed the link to our online application form. If you have any queries regarding your application, please contact email@example.com