Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Collaborative UK - T1DCC-UK
The Association of British Clinical Diabetologists is proud to announce the launch of the Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Collaborative – UK. This is a collaborative of healthcare professionals working in multi-disciplinary teams providing care for adults with type 1 diabetes across the UK. The committee is made up of individual healthcare professionals from all the disciplines from the four nations who are passionate about raising the standards of care for people with type 1 diabetes. It is currently chaired by Dr Rob Gregory, immediate past chair of ABCD, with Professor Stephanie Amiel and Professor Simon Heller as non-executive co-chairs. Diabetes UK is a partner in this initiative.
To ensure that everyone with type 1 diabetes has access to a suitably-trained multidisciplinary specialist team for expert assessment, care and support for self-management.
Terms of reference
- To identify the number of organisations providing specialist type 1 diabetes care, irrespective of where that care is delivered.
- To ensure that specialist multidisciplinary diabetes teams across the UK deliver care according to the current standards.
- To have a Clinical Lead for type 1 diabetes in each unit, who will be responsible for:
- Providing data annually about the service for benchmarking purposes
- Completing a self-assessment survey of the type 1 service, including staffing numbers and training undertaken by staff specifically in type 1 diabetes competencies.
- To share and promote good and innovative practice in the field of type 1 diabetes
Work of the Collaborative
The collaborative will have themed work streams:
- Pumps and technologies – The established and successful ABCD IPN-UK will be part of the collaborative and fulfil this function.
- Health care professional education, training and workforce issues – This will look at the composition and training of members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Patient Education – This will be concerned with ensuring that approved education is available at diagnosis and at other relevant times for every adult with type 1 diabetes. This will cover formal structured education programmes supplemented by easily-accessible on-line courses and material.
- Whole of life – The collaborative will address care delivered from transitioning of young people from the paediatric diabetes care through to the end-of-life.
- Enabling success – The collaborative will support and empower people with type 1 diabetes to achieve their potential.
- Quality Improvement – The collaborative will facilitate a UK-wide approach to data collection, analysis and presentation in ways that will encourage continuous improvement in processes and outcomes.
Eligibility to join the collaborative
Any healthcare professional working in a UK-based team currently providing care to people with type 1 diabetes is eligible to register free-of-charge to join the collaborative and receive regular electronic mailings about its activities. It is very important that the Clinical Lead for Type 1 Diabetes in every organisation registers and identifies themselves as the Lead Clinician. This can be any healthcare professional, not necessarily a doctor. If your organisation does not have a Clinical Lead for T1 Diabetes, then please consider creating such a role.
ATTD 2018 - Vienna, Austria | 14 – 17 February 2018 Abstract Submission Deadline: 2 October 2017
Early Registration Deadline: 19 December 2017
The innovative 11th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD 2018) will present an outstanding scientific program delivered by renowned international experts.
ATTD 2018 will showcase the latest developments in new insulin analogues and delivery systems, insulin pumps, glucose sensors, closed-loop systems, devices for diabetic prevention, artificial pancreas, new technologies for treating obesity and many more. Enhance your practical and theoretical knowledge and network with professionals in the field of diabetes technologies and treatments.
Participants interested in presenting an Oral or E-Poster presentation at ATTD 2018 are invited to submit an abstract. Be part of the program and submit your abstract today!
Conference Chairpersons: Professor Moshe Phillip | Professor Tadej Battelino