IDF Europe prize in diabetes 2017 - Young researcher award
Rewarding Excellence, Innovation and Commitment in Diabetes Since 2012, The International Diabetes Federation European Region (IDF Europe) has recognised excellence, innovation and commitment in diabetes through the IDF Europe Prizes in Diabetes. To continue with this important appreciation, IDF Europe is again sending out calls for nominations for the above category.
Are you a young outstanding researcher dedicated to improving the lives of people with diabetes and those at risk? And your work has also demonstrated innovation and new ideas?
IDF Europe offers you the opportunity to promote your research throughout the continent and all around the world!
Apply now to the IDF Europe Young Researcher Award!
What does the Award consist of?
- The opportunity to showcase your work to the world diabetes community through IDF Europe communication channels
- Being invited to present your work at the IDF Europe Regional Meeting (Dec 2017, Abu Dhabi, UAE)1
- 5.000 EUR to be donated to the charity of your choice
- Prize Money of 2.000 EUR
- A commemorative plaque and a certificate
- The Award ceremony will take place during the IDF Europe Regional Meeting
- You must be nominated by a peer and should be working in Europe
- You must be a qualified health care professional under 40 years of age
- You should be involved in innovative patient-oriented research in diabetes and/or complications of diabetes. Your work should demonstrate your commitment to diabetes research leading to improved health outcomes for people with diabetes
- Download, fill in and send: the nomination form for the IDF Europe Young Researcher Award ; a short essay (500 words max.) from the nominating peer; nominee’s CV/resumé; and key publications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 October 2017
Applicants will be notified of the decision of the Selection Committee by 31 October 2017
More information HERE
IDF Europe is an inclusive and multicultural umbrella organisation of 70 national diabetes associations in 47 countries across the European region, representing people living with diabetes and healthcare professionals. Through our activities we aim to influence policy, increase public awareness and encourage health improvement, as well as promote the exchange of best practice and high-quality information about diabetes throughout the European region.
1 Travel (Economy class), accommodation and congress registration will be covered by IDF Europe